Kwarezimal is a traditional Maltese biscuit which we usually bake during Lent in Malta. This is a spicy chewy biscuit where you combine a spice mixture and almonds. For decoration and taste, add some sweet honey and chopped almonds on top of the Kwarezimals. Enjoy!
- 600 grams sugar
- 600 grms pure ground almonds
- 100 grms chopped almonds
- 200 grms flour
- lemon zest
- 10 grams mixed spice
- 10 grams cinnamon
- Few drops rose water
- 6 egg whites
- half table spoon baking powder
- golden syrup
- chopped almonds to decorate
- Mix all the ingridients togather
- Allow to mix well.
- Add the eggwhites and form into a dough, and cut into desired weight.
- Form into cylinders and fltten with palette knife.
- Bake around 12 minutes temp 170 c
- Allow to cool and brush with golden syrup and pour over chopped almonds