- 500 gram sweet pastry
- 750 grams stoned dates
- Grated lemon zest
- Grated orange zest
- 150 grams walnuts
- Cook the dates, add some water and stir until it becomes a paste
- When it cools add the lemon zest, orange zest and aniseed.
- Chop the walnuts and add to the mixture. Put aside some walnuts to decorate.
- Line a flan with sweet pastry. Spread the filling of dates and decorate the surface with strips of sweet pastry.
- Egg wash and decorate with the rest of the walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 170c.