- 800 grams flour
- 600 grams sugar
- 300 grams butter or margarine
- Grated lemon zest
- 5 grams aniseed
- 5 grams cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 eggs
- Mix together flour, margarine, sugar, lemon zest, aniseed, cloves and baking powder
- Allow the ingredients to have sandy texture and then add the eggs one at the time.
- When the dough has the right texture, remove from mixer and allow to rest for 1 hour.
- Cut the dough into 3 cm balls and place on a baking sheet. Distance one from each other as they increase in size in baking.
- Allow to cool and decorate with royal icing.