- 400 grams sweet paste
- 1 liter pastry cream
- 1kg cooking apples
- 125 gram sugar
- Apricot glaze
- 1 liter milk
- Some vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- 250 grams castor sugar
- 150 grams corn flour
- Lemon zest
- Heat milk with the vanilla and allow to infuse
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy white
- Then add the corn flour, lemon zest and mix well together.
- Strain in the hot milk gradually blending it to the egg mixture
- Return to the stove and bring back to the boil stirring constantly.
- Line a flan ring with sweet paste, pierce the bottom with a fork several times.
- Pipe a layer of the pastry cream into the bottom of the flan
- Peel and wash the selected apples, then cut in half.
- Cut into neat thin slices and lay carefully on the pastry cream, overlapping each slice.
- Ensure that each slice points to the centre of the flan.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the apple slices and bake the flan at 200 c for 30-40 minutes.
- When the flan is cooked glaze with the apricot.