Short pastry dough
- 1 kg flour
- 500 grms butter or margerine
- some salt
- cold water
- 800 grms spinach
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 4 medium sliced onions
- 200 grms processed peas
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 100 grms green olives
- 2 tablespoons tomatoe puree
- salt and pepper
- eggs for eggwash
- Prepare the short crust pastry and allow to rest for one hour in the fridge
- Heat the oil and fry the shredded onions until soft
- Add the chopped anchovies to the onions and continue to cook, add the olives and the tomatoe puree and cook for about for minutes
- Add the peas and cook well.
- Finally add the drained spinach and allow to cook for about seven minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool
- Roll out the short pastry to the thickness of about 5 mm and cut rounds of about 12 cm
- In the middle of the short crust pastry place a spoonful of the spinach mixture and form the qassata.
- Eggwash the qassata and bake for around 20mts gas mark 180