- 200 grams dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- 100 grams butter
- 200 grams good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 25 grams chopped walnuts
- 100 grams white chocolate
- Line an 18 cm round sandwich cake tin with cling film
- Put the biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush roughly with a rolling pin.
- Don’t over crush as you need to have chunks.
- Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a heat proof bowl.
- Set over a pan on a barely simmering water. Stirring all the time so the mix doesn’t over heat.
- Carefully remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the crushed biscuits, chopped hazelnuts and white chocolate.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Leave to cool. Chill until set.
- Turn on to a plate, remove the cling film and cut into slices. Decorate with melted chocolate on top, chopped hazelnuts and chocolate twirls.