Cake with almonds and strawberries
- 350 grms flour
- 2 and half table spoons sugar
- 225 gram butter
- some salt
- around 6 to 8 table spoons cold water to combine pastry
- 250 grms butter
- 250 grms sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- some drops almond essence
- 250 ground almonds
- 50 grms flour
- 150 grms choclate
- 500 grms fresh satrawberries
- for decoration some chocolate fondant
- icing sugar
- and fresh strawberries
- Prepare the pastry to line an 24 cm flan ring with base
- Put the flour in an bowl and add the butter,salt and sugar , and allow to work to a sandy texture.
- Then combine with the cold water. Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Open the pastry and line a 24 cm flan ring. put in freezer and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Take out of the freezer and line with the baking paper, than put the beans and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and remove the baking paper and the beans, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool and grate the chocolate on the bottom of the flan, then arrange the cut strawberries.
- Prepare the filling, beat well the sugar with the butter, when creamy white add the eggs little by little.Than add the almond essence.
- Finally fold in the mixture the ground almonds and the flour.
- Spread the mixture on the strawberries and bake in oven temp of about 180 c for around 40 to 50 minutes.
- when cold decorate with , icing sugar and fresh strawberries and some fresh mint.